Friday, December 9, 2011

Clay-colored Sparrow

Took the 80-400VR out after work today since i needed to do some shooting and it was so nice.
I stayed on the shore and hiked in the snow at Mount Seymour looking for Pine Grosbeaks and White-winged Crossbills, both of which would be lifers. I must have been the only guy in hiking boots up there :lol:
I'd like to say i got a shot of a White-winged Crossbill but photo proof is inconclusive, more than likely Red Crossbill.
Aw well, at least i made it back down without slipping once :)

I decided i need a sure thing to make me feel better, and made my way to West Vancouver to check out the Clay-colored Sparrow coming to a feeder. The address is posted on the Bird Report BC website for those interested.

I was the only person there and would like to thank the owners for their hospitality towards birders, i didn't see them the whole time, but thanks :)



Image

Image

I haven't mentioned yet here that my tripod fell over a few weeks ago now and broke my 500mm f4 lens in two.
Nikon Canada surgeons in TO are working on it as i type these words, my estimate from them for stupidity was $600. 
A lesson learned. 
Now let's hope they fix the lens soon, i'm missing my baby ; )


No comments:

The Waiting Area

The Waiting Area