Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 3 Shots of 2012

Here are my top 3 shots of  2012, it was the toughest year for me so far i think, being without my lens for a combined total of 4 months in the last 12 put a dent in my totals, that and personal, financial, heck even health related reasons and in my mind sometimes it seems like a complete write-off but of course, when i look back there were those moments that stick out.

Image

Magnolia Warbler - Prince George
from what still seems like a disaster of a spring road trip up north to Fort St John, one of the bright spots was a warbler i saw in Ohio last year but never got good looks at.
A stunner i think, warblers get me excited what can i say? :lol:



Image

Belted Kingfisher - North Vancouver
I knew that a kingfisher or two frequented one of my local haunts and always figured that if i staked the spot out the potential was there for an intimate look.
One day it all worked out and i was rewarded after an hour plus wait.



Image

Great Grey Owl - Kamloops
Yeh, this was one of my big target birds this year, i've dipped on it a number of years in a row now but finally, it all came together towards the end of our Spring holiday and i think it's a unique rainy look at this king of the forest :)

Happy New Year to You All and i hope you all have an awesome year in 2013 birding and shooting, cheers!

No comments:

The Waiting Area

The Waiting Area