Wednesday, August 6, 2008

new setup

hey all, it's been awhile since i've had new stuff to show but i was able to get out on the weekend to try out my new toy.
Having done the digiscoping thing 100% since we started birding I recently decided to start taking my bird photography to the next level and found a big lens on ebay from a seller in Seattle.
After watching the lens listed numerous times i had a rough idea what the seller was expecting price-wise and bid accordingly. As luck would have it i won the auction and after much time had passed i finally got my lens last Thursday.
It's pretty sweet - Nikkor 500mm F4 AFS-I in great condition considering it's 10 years old. I also picked up a 1.4X teleconverter. Smile
Audy has given me the D300 to use with the lens while she has gone back to the D50 for now (i wanted to get another D300 but she said NO).

So, now i know what it feels like to troop around with a big lens, it's heavy and cumbersome but once setup is wonderful to use, especially with the Jobu gimbal head.

Here are a couple of shots with the new setup, thanks for looking.


Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1250)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 700 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: -2/3 EV



Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 700 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: -2/3 EV

No comments:

The Waiting Area

The Waiting Area